Sunday, June 12, 2011

Repost from my sissy's blog :)

Oh my gosh. I went to Atlanta with Sissy and Jules to Chris Tomlin's church, oh my gosh. It was so powerful! I'll post my take tomorrow if I wake up (promise I will!) but for now, read up :)
-------------------
My Fountains are in Jesus!
Oh my. Passion City Church was incredible.
We arrived in Atlanta early so we could shop in Ikea. Let me tell you, I'm in love with Ikea. So dang cool! I saw so many wonderful ideas for my future home. They were so invintive with limited space and made beautiful areas for living. I was in awe. I saw so much I want to be able to buy. Can I possibly buy all of it? Haha, I know. Lord knows I don't need another problem like I have with buying so many books!
After we finished up in there we grabbed a snack because we had a feeling the service might last a bit. It was okay. Honestly I was suffering from nausea and cramps. No fun, let me tell you.
After getting a little confused and frusterated we arrived at 515. The church is actually called 515 instead of Passion City Church. The building was soo cool! Its solid white with giant red 515 painted on the building. We walked up to the door and these super nice people greeted us and welcomed us in. They've got this incredible area for the kids but they aren't restricted just to that area. Louie wants the children in the room. He said that they are our future generation (which is true) and said he wants them to be able to see all the generations together leaning towards the love of Jesus and worshipping Him with all our hearts. I thought that was incredible!
Evie and I bought shirts to support the summer camp coming up for the students of the church. I love my shirt and it was totally worth the $20. I saw this great project I want to help with. If you want to help with me go visit www.haiti-rising.com and look into this project. Its to help purchase heavy machinery to remove the rubble left over from the disasters.
We went into the auditorium to get seats and my mom made friends with this really sweet lady named April. Honestly, everyone I came in contact with was so sweet and so welcoming and so passionate about God. They were so in love with our Father! We waited patiently and then before we knew it, Chris Tomlin was onstage ready to lead us all in worship. He began with "How Great is Our God" and I was crying in the first song. Everyone was praising God together and loving Him with all that was inside of us. We were all so passionate for Him and the music was powerful. He then began on this song about how our fountains all flow for Jesus and it had this wicked awesome clapping beat and everyone was dancing and excited. We did "Oh Happy Day" and some other song I didn't know but it was lovely and powerful and wonderful. I was in awe of the music. Chris was a wonderful worship leader. Everything was so intimate.
Louie Giglio came out and began to talk to us about the open heart topic they had all been talking about the past few weeks. He talked about Revelations 3:19-20. How Jesus is speaking and saying that He loves us so much that He has to discipline and rebuke us in order to lead us onto the right path that He has planned for us. Then Louie read verse 20. Jesus says "Here I am!" with an exclamation point. He is here for us. He loves us so much. He's not saying "here is what you need to get to this path" or "here is a ticket to forgiveness", He is saying "here I am" for us all to have in our lives. He says that He is waiting at the door of our hearts knocking and if we hear His voice and let Him in He will dine with us, and us with Him. How wonderful is that?? Our Jesus! Wanting to have intimacy with us! Can you imagine how blessed that makes us? He wants to sit one-on-one with us at Starbucks sitting side-by-side to have intimate discussions with us about
our deepest desires in our hearts! How blessed we are! And all I can think is, shouldn't it be us banging on Jesus' door begging to come in and dine with Him? Why is it that He has to knock on our door? But He loves us enough that its no problem to Him. Louie said that Jesus sees all the crud in our lives and that is why He is knocking. He wants to come in and fix all of that. How is it that He came to love us so much? Why are we, such wretched sinful creatures, the love of our perfect Savior's heart? We're His. That's all I can say to explain. He loves us because we're His.
Chris came back out and did another song I didn't know that was so moving, then they started up in "Blessed Be Your Name" and the whole room was singing so loudly and proudly to worship our King! I'm still in awe. There were so many full on proud Jesus Freaks celebrating our God's love for us! It was an incredible experience.
If you ever get the chance, go visit Passion City Church in Atlanta 515. It will be well worth the trip to visit that church. I'm so in love with my Savior. I'm so proud to be the daughter of a King!!
Xoxo
S.Graciebelle<3
Posted by S.Graciebelle at 6:16 PM
---------------------

The building is so contemporary and lovely. Don't even get me started on the tech side of it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment