Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back Again

Good morning, people!  I still exist, in case anyone missed me.  I've been in a funk the past week.  I slept in for the first time in a month Monday, Saturday and Sunday were straight up packed, and I honestly haven't had that much material thought up.  This blog is a Jesus Musings blog, so if I don't have something worthwhile to post, I'm not gonna post anything.  I may put up an image to break silence from time to time, but almost always, it's gonna be full content posts only.  Now that I've cleared that up....

Last Wednesday was epic.  Two weeks ago, our Pastor's Wife spoke about her life, mistakes she had made, and basically told us to wait and get married.  Her story had the entire room including myself in tears, and really showed God's grace at work.  And then last week, Sissy played Guitar and sang with Jules.  We did Lay 'Em Down, King Jesus, Our God (Is Greater), and Oh How He Loves.  Epic set.  For the first time in months, the entire group was just singing.  No talking, no giggling, just singing.  It's an unreal feeling when that happens, an we've got it turned up loud, and you can just feel God all around you.    Our God, amazing song.  I've heard it before, but only casually and didn't know it that well.  But we did it and it was awesome and powerful.  But then we did Oh How He Loves, and, wow.  If you know me, you know that song breaks me, but it was different that night.  With everyone singing, Sarah and Jules pouring out, I was trembling.  Taking pictures of the performance was a difficult task as I couldn't see the viewfinder through my tears, and shaking enough to get some blurry shots.  I'll post one in a bit.  So overall, it's been a decent few weeks and I apologize for not sharing more, I'll try to get more up soon.  In the mean time, I'm gonna go read and listen to the rain.  Have a good day everyone!

Have any encounters with God you'd like to share? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment