Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You Thankful?


I lift my Hands up, to Raise You Higher

I love this picture.

Anyhoo!  Read the last post before/with this one, they tie in well.

The other night I was complaining to Sissy how fake some people I know are.  I've known them for forever it seems but they're so good at being fake, it's saddening.  She wrote a song about it, you know, it's called No Plastic Jesus.  But as I closed the conversation, it hit me that I may be griping about them, but I'm not raving over how awesome the other friends I have are.  I LOVE MY FRIENDS. All of them.  I realized I'm not as thankful as I should be.  Roger Williams, the guy who wrote King Jesus, wrote a song called Smile Everyday, about I think his dad.  It's an amazing song, the chorus at least.

"Smile Everyday, cause every day is just a gift! That's been given by the Father, so won't you give the praise to Him"

That song makes me happy when it pops into my head.

But anyhow, be thankful, guys!  What wouldn't you be?   I can't understand how it's so hard for us to do something so simple as be thankful and to not take things for granted.  And if you read the last post, you'll know that I'm blessed beyond belief and that's one of my biggest problems, I just figured out how lucky I am to have parents that are still together.

So today I'm thankful for my Daddy, my Savior, my one and only God.
My parents, and what they do for me.
My Big Sissy.
My Best Friend.  Imagine life without a best friend! That would SUCK!
An amazing new friend that I have the opportunity to share God with, it's a feeling like no other.
The fact that I'm free to Worship and Love God, whereas a third of the world doesn't know what The Bible is.
Everything and Everybody I have in life, my Youth Group, my Rock, all of it.  It's all from Him.

Thank you, Daddy.  For Loving me like no one else.

Today, be thankful.  Tonight, when you turn of your lights and get in bed, close your eyes and say Thank You Daddy.  When you wake up tomorrow, look out your window, smile, and say Thank You Daddy, for this new day.


2 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean about when people are really fake. You see them act one way at church and the opposite at home. It can be so hard!
    I try to realize that they are probably going through something really difficult in there life. Maybe they just need a little prayer.

    It is so good to have awesome friends. I love your thankful list! It is very encouraging to me. God gives us so many wonderful things in this life. Praise God girl! It was so nice to "blog-meet" you! Thanks for following me. I will follow right back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post full of thankfulness. So many of the kids in our youth group struggle with other kids being fake. But, you are on the right track! Your attitude will change everything. Good for you girlie!

    ReplyDelete