Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shout Your Faith From The Rooftops

Good Morning!  Sunday I was reading Velvet Elvis, and I randomly thought about something.
Faith.  for me, Faith is loud, Faith is strong, Faith is courage.  And I was thinking about the ongoing thing, you know, have real faith, no Plastic Jesus, all that.  But that's not all of it.
Your Faith should be Loud.
You should shout your love and trust of God from rooftops and stick your head out the car window and scream I Love My God, The God.
Because is a quiet Faith really Faith?
If you don't want to scream about your Faith, do you have Faith?
Whenever I hear people talking, anybody, about Faith and Esteem and whatnot, I always think to myself....

If you're being laughed at and made fun of by non-believers, you're probably doing something right.

Yes? no?

I still do have some friends who spit on the idea of God and Heaven and the whole shebang, but I feel like it's good to have a few friends, not too close, like that, if for nothing else to keep you in check.
You know, check your Faith, through them.  Because if they're not laughing at you, then you're not shining.  You're not beaming God through yourself.  You want to be made fun of.  Or at least, I do.

Check your Faith, at the door.  When you walk into a place, whether it be Starbucks or Barnes & Noble or Walmart, check your Faith at the door.  Make sure you're ready to show God in any way possible.  Be prepared to shout it from the rooftops.  Be prepared to be tried on your Faith, the Devil is everywhere.

Pray for Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment