Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Don't Know What You Have Until It's Gone

Alrighty, I'm gonna post the last post that I had on the old blog because it ties in really well to the next one.

Another great night at Youth last night, we sang King Jesus, Mighty to Save, Lay 'Em Down, and Oh How He Loves. Best setlist ever, I do believe.
But what was just as cool as the music, was Robert's lesson. He talked about Divorce, and Rich Men. The Divorce part hit heavy on me, for a surprising reason.
When he started talking, he said that most of the group knew how tough dealing with Divorce is, and he's right. Probably 60 percent or so have Divorced parents.
But whenever I hear about Divorce, I think to myself, "no, I actually can't relate" and I'm afraid I'll look like the lucky kid like so many other times that happens.
Then it hit me. I've been taking for granted one of the worst things you can take for granted.
A healthy house.
So many of my friends have broken households, and I never even think about how lucky I am that I have one and only one set of parents, that have been married for more than 30 years. How stupid am I to not see that? One of the best things that a teenager could have and I didn't even realize it. Needless to say, it was a humbling thought chain.
If you are lucky enough to have parents that love each other, go give them a big hug, and tell 'em you love them. You don't know how blessed you are. Even if your parents divorced and remarried, if you have two loving & caring parental figures, go hug them. Do it.
And thank God for giving you a healthy household.

No comments:

Post a Comment